Since 2008, TEND has trained hundreds of helping professionals to design and deliver their own compassion fatigue and secondary trauma workshops within an agency and as part of their own independent business.
This online training is led by Françoise Mathieu, an expert in the field of compassion fatigue education and author of The Compassion Fatigue Workbook and The Compassion Fatigue Educator Manual.
Participants will gain the skills and tools needed to deliver quality workshops on compassion fatigue and secondary trauma to high-stress and trauma-exposed workplaces.
Registration for this course is limited to 15 participants.
Please note that in order to register for this online program, prior attendance to the Compassion Fatigue 101 workshop is required. For those who have not attended a live workshop, Compassion Fatigue 101 is available as an online course. Click here for more information.
Wednesday, October 28th & Thursday, October 29th, 2020: The core program led by Françoise Mathieu will take place over two days and will be conducted virtually using the online platform Zoom.
Friday, October 30th, 2020, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time: Conflict Management session with Meaghan Welfare
Thursday, December 10th, 2020, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time : Group follow-up call with Françoise Mathieu & Diana Tikasz
Access to Staying Grounded in Stressful Work Online Course
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28th, 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:30PM Eastern Time
- 9:00 AM – Introduction and Assessment of Your Areas of Strength & Concern
- 10:30 AM – Break
- 11:00 AM – The 12 Educational & Experiential Goals of Compassion Fatigue 101
- 12:00 PM – Break
- 1:00 PM – New research on Managing/Addressing Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Trauma & Related Concepts
- 2:30 PM – Break
- 3:00 PM – Delivery Modalities for Specific Audiences & Adapting to Online Education during COVID-19
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 29th, 2020 – 9:00AM – 4:30PM Eastern Time
- 9:00 AM – Understanding the Neurophysiology of the Pandemic & Its Impact on Helping Professionals
- 10:30 AM – Break
- 11:00 AM – Integrating Self-Care & Mindfulness Activities in your Workshops
- 12:00 PM – Break
- 1:00 PM – Organizational Health Essentials
- 2:30 PM – Break
- 3:00 PM – Performing a Needs Assessment & Planning Your Next Steps as a Compassion Fatigue Educator
This course includes everything you need to customize and deliver your own compassion fatigue and secondary trauma workshops. Participants will receive:
- The Compassion Fatigue Workbook
- The Compassion Fatigue Educator Manual
- PowerPoint presentation templates
- Articles and recommended readings for educators
- Handouts and other resources for your workshop
- Access to the Staying Grounded in Stressful Work online course led by Diana Tikasz
Participants will receive a certificate indicating that have completed the Compassion Fatigue Educator Program.
$2300 + $250 Materials + 13% HST = $2881.50 CAD
A 20% group rate is available for groups of 6+, please contact us for more information.
Participants may also opt to include a private one-hour consultation call with a TEND associate to their registration.
We are pleased to offer payment plans if you are unable to pay the entire tuition in one payment. Please note that tuition must be paid in full prior to the beginning of the course on Wednesday, October 28th, 2020. Please contact us ASAP if you intend to pay in installments.
We reserve the right to cancel this course should the number of registrations be insufficient. We are not responsible for any costs that may be incurred by the cancellation of this course.
Substitution Policy: A colleague may attend in your place. Simply email us with the name of the person who will be attending in your place.
- 14 days or more before the event – we will issue you a refund, minus a $35.00 administration fee
- Less than 14 days before the event – we will issue you a refund, minus a $50.00 administration fee
- If you have already received the materials for this course prior to cancelling, you will be responsible for the price of the materials ($250.00 CAD+ HST and shipping cost)
- No refunds will be issued once this course begins
Terms & Conditions apply – please read them carefully here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who should take this program?
This online program is designed for individuals who have successfully completed Compassion Fatigue 101 and who wish to acquire the tools to bring this training back to their agency or to their community.
How can I obtain the prerequisite training?
In order to register for this online program, prior attendance to an entry-level compassion fatigue and secondary trauma workshop is required. If you have previously taken a live training with TEND, you may quality to have the prerequisite for the Compassion Fatigue Educator Program waived.. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compassion Fatigue 101 is offered as an online course which you can take at any time. Click here for more information.
What technology do I need to participate?
You will require a reliable internet connection, a microphone and webcam. Participants will also need to be comfortable using the online program Dropbox to access materials for this program.
I’m unable to attend all of the sessions. Can I still take the course?
Yes. All of the webinars will be recorded and made available to participants following the live broadcast.
The program is full! What can I do?
Please note that registration for this course is limited to 15 participants. If you intend to participate in this course, please register ASAP as we cannot guarantee any individual spots in this course.
Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (613)-547-3247.