As leaders, you care deeply about the well-being of your organization and recognize the potential in every member of your team. However, leading teams who work in high-stress and trauma-exposed environments often requires a specialized approach to ensure sustainability and to maximize organizational capacity.
Compassionate leadership is a requirement for any leader who wishes to inspire a culture of caring and integrity in their teams. Those who lead with compassion actively work to alleviate suffering in their staff and clients and aim to understand the values and beliefs that are embedded in their organization.
Although the basic tenets of compassionate leadership are simple, implementing them in the face of limited resources, crisis situations and established organizational cultures can often feel insurmountable – and pose a challenge for even the most experienced leader.
This online program will give you the skills and tools needed to successfully and confidently lead your organization as a compassionate leader. As a participant, you will:
- Understand the negative consequences of a non-compassionate workplace
- Learn the principles of relationship-based practice and learn strategies to foster compassion in your team and organization
- Explore your specific areas of strength and challenges and create an individualized action plan to address priority areas.
Registration for this course is limited – please register in advance.
The online Compassionate Leadership program offers participants an individualized and interactive learning environment. Each session will be customized to reflect the needs and concerns of the group. Participants will also have the opportunity to connect with and learn from other leaders in the field. The program includes:
- Five online sessions: Each session will include a didactic learning portion followed by a facilitated group discussion
- Individual consultation call: 45 minute private phone call with one of the course instructors
- Course materials: Participants will receive:
- Building Resilient Teams: Facilitating Workplace Wellness & Organizational Health in Trauma-Exposed Environments by Dr. Patricia Fisher
- The Compassion Fatigue Workbook by Françoise Mathieu
- Compassionate Leadership Program Handout – includes resources and exercises for each online session
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate indicating that you have completed the Compassion Leadership Program.
Cambria Rose Walsh, LCSW
Cambria has held the role of Project Director for several state and national initiatives in child trauma treatment & trauma-informed systems. She worked at the Chadwick Center for Children and Families at Rady Children’s Hospital for 20 years before opening her own private consultation practice on Trauma-Informed Systems and Secondary Traumatic Stress.
Tamsyn Brennan, MSW, RSW, MBA
Tamsyn Brennan is the Director of Clinical Services at Chisholm Services for Children in Halifax, NS and has years of experience working in social service and education settings including palliative care, pediatric oncology, child protection and welfare, public and private school settings and with Corrections Canada.
Spring 2021 Online Course Dates
Session 1: The Foundational Elements of Compassionate Leadership – Wednesday, March 17th, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Session 2: Exploring Your Strengths & Barriers to Compassion – Wednesday, April 7th, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Session 3: Building Compassionate Leadership Skills – Part 1 – Wednesday, April 21st, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Session 4: Building Compassionate Leadership Skills – Part 2 – Wednesday, May 5th, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Session 5: Ensuring Sustainability and Next Steps – Wednesday, May 19th, 2021, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST
Individual consultation calls will be scheduled on an individual basis following the conclusion of the program.
$3,250.00 CAD + Tax
To register for this program, a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 CAD is required upon registration.
We reserve the right to cancel this course should the number of registrations be insufficient. We are not responsible for any costs that may be incurred by the cancellation of this course.
In the event that TEND cancels this program, all course fees including deposits will be returned to participants.
- If you choose to cancel your registration on or before Wednesday, March 10th, 2021, you will receive a refund of your course fee minus the registration deposit of $500.00 CAD + Tax. This deposit can be put towards a future program.
- If you have already received the materials for this course prior to cancelling, you will be responsible for this cost ($250.00 CAD + Tax)
- No refunds will be issued on or after Thursday, March 11th, 2021. A colleague may attend in your place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take this program?
This online program is designed for leaders who work in high-stress and trauma-exposed workplaces.
What technology do I need to participate?
You will require a reliable internet connection, a microphone and webcam. Participants will also need to be comfortable using the online program Dropbox to access materials for this program.
I’m unable to attend all of the dates. Can I still take the course?
Yes – however, please note that, due to the confidential nature of this program, you will only have access to the recordings of the learning portion of the sessions.
The program is full! What can I do?
Please note that registration for this course is limited. If you intend to participate in this course, please register ASAP as we cannot guarantee any individual spots in this course.
Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (613) 547-3247.