2-day Leadership Training: Organizational Health INTENSIVE: Understanding the critical role of leadership in Trauma-exposed Environments
Developed by Dr. Patricia Fisher, R,Psych., L.Psych.
This intensive course is an extended in-depth version of our 1-day Organizational Health in Trauma- exposed Environments course, and supports participants to map out an action plan for their ongoing work with staff.
Over the 2-day intensive training we will cover four main areas:
- Understand the unique properties of trauma-exposed work and the critical need to enhance resiliency
- Apply the Complex Stress Model of Workplace Stress which includes both the system-basedstresses and traumatic stresses (direct trauma and vicarious trauma).
- Recognize the impact of chronic stress on individuals, teams and organizations.
- Understand the cause and effect relationships between the risk for systemic and traumaticstress, self-care strategies and stress-related outcomes
- Evaluate your team’s current risk and resilience profiles
- Explore the vital role of managers and supervisors in trauma-exposed work
- Introduce and apply the Organizational Health Model
- Explore the essential role of managers in Organizational Health
- Discuss the risk and resiliency factors driving your Organizational Health profile
- Use assessment tools to identify areas that are most challenging for managers and supervisors
- Supporting Managers and Supervisors as effective leaders
- Define and prioritize your most critical leadership tasks
- Identify the supports you need to be an effective manager/supervisor need
- Use self-assessment tools to discover your areas of personal strength and challenge as a leader
- Develop practical plans to meet your leadership needs
- Develop your own sustainable and effective supervision & mentoring program
- Define the ecology of your workplace and prioritize your current needs
- Identify the three key functions of a supervision and mentoring program
- Evaluate your team’s current strengths and challenges with supervision and mentoring
- Review our unique toolkit for leaders in trauma-exposed work
- Plan a realistic and effective supervisory/mentoring program for your team