1-day workshop: Compassion Fatigue, Secondary Trauma and Moral Distress – Proven Strategies that Work
Developed by Françoise Mathieu, M.Ed., RP., CCC.
There is now over two decades of research proving that working in high stress, trauma-exposed professions such as community mental health, law enforcement and health care carries elements of risk to the care provider. Compassion fatigue, secondary trauma and burnout can take a cumulative toll on us as individuals and as teams. What can professionals do to protect themselves from the difficult stories that they work with on a regular basis, limited resources and high volume of work, while remaining effective and compassionate? How do we move beyond kale and pedicures?
This interactive, evidence-based and trauma-informed presentation is suitable for novice and experienced participants alike. Using the most recent research in the field, it will explore assumptions about compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma, the organizational and personal barriers that professionals face in their daily lives, and offer new and creative approaches to transforming these occupational hazards.
Participants will learn:
- Key Factors that increase risks of compassion fatigue, burnout and secondary trauma
- How to identify your vulnerability factors at home and a work
- What is exquisite empathy?
- Basic grounding skills to reduce stress and increase resiliency
- Workplace strategies: how to work with overwhelmed and stressed out colleagues?
- The Balance Map: What are the 9 key factors that are essential to your wellness plan?
To learn more about providing this training to your organization please contact Tasha at email@example.com or Schedule a Call. Here at TEND we are committed to providing support for organizations of all sizes and look forward to hearing from you.