Since 2008, TEND has trained hundreds of helping professionals to design and deliver their own secondary traumatic stress and empathic strain workshops within an agency and as part of their own independent business.
This online training is led by Françoise Mathieu, M. Ed, RP, an expert in the field of secondary traumatic stress and empathic strain (also known as compassion fatigue), author of The Compassion Fatigue Workbook and The TEND Train the Trainer Manual, and founding member of the Secondary Traumatic Stress Consortium.
Participants will gain the skills and tools needed to deliver quality workshops on relevant concepts to high-stress and trauma-exposed workplaces.
Registration for this course is limited.
The online TEND Train the Trainer Program is a comprehensive course that provides practical skills in designing and delivering workshops that address the challenges of working in a high-stress and trauma-exposed work.
Participants will learn how to successfully deliver to different audiences and professions; how to craft an engaging “hook” to draw your audience in; and how to encourage sustainability and on-going support for your audience after your workshop is finished.
The program includes:
- 4 Online Sessions – Led by Françoise Mathieu, participants will learn about the topic of the week
- 4 Q&A sessions – Participants will have the the opportunity to workshop ideas with Françoise Mathieu as well as connect with and learn from other participants in the program
- Access to Additional Training- Participant will receive access to:
- Staying Grounded in Stressful Work Online Course led by Diana Tikasz, MSW, RSW
- Making Conflict Work: Conflict Resolution Skills for Helping Professionals Webinar led by Meaghan Welfare, BA
- Course materials – Participants will receive:
- The Compassion Fatigue Workbook by Françoise Mathieu
- The TEND Train the Trainer Manual by Françoise Mathieu
- Access to PowerPoint templates, handouts and articles for designing your workshop
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate indicating that you have completed the TEND Train the Trainer Program.
Please note, to register for this online program, prior attendance to a foundational course on secondary traumatic stress and empathic strain is required. The instructor teaches the program with the assumption that participants are familiar with these concepts and understand the unique impact these “occupational hazards” can have on helping professionals.
For those who have not attended a live or virtual training with TEND, this prerequisite can be met by completing the online course Compassion Fatigue 101.
If you are uncertain if a previous training meets these requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPRING 2021 COURSE DATES
Please note that all course times are in Eastern Time.
- Assessment of your Strengths & Areas of Concern
- New research on Addressing and Managing Secondary Traumatic Stress, Empathic Strain (also known as Compassion Fatigue) and Related Concepts
- Discussion on Terminology
Online Session: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Q&A Session: Friday, April 9th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time
- Designing your Workshop
- The 12 Educational & Experiential Goals of a STS/ES Workshop
- Performing a Needs Assessment
Online Session: Tuesday, April 13th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Q&A Session: Friday, April 16th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time
- Presenting on Topics Related to Self-Care & Resiliency
- Support Your Case: Where to Find Data
- Delivery Modalities for Specific Audiences & Adapting to Online Education
Online Session: Tuesday, April 20th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Q&A Session: Friday, April 23rd, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time
- Organizational Health Essentials
- Planning Your Next Steps
Online Session: Tuesday, April 27th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Time
Q&A Session: Friday, April 30th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time
Final Group Q&A Session: Friday, May 28th, 2021 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM Eastern Time
$2,550.00 CAD + Tax
To register for this program, a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 CAD is required upon registration.
We reserve the right to cancel this course should the number of registrations be insufficient. We are not responsible for any costs that may be incurred by the cancellation of this course.
In the event that TEND cancels this program, all course fees including deposits will be returned to participants.
- If you choose to cancel your registration before Wednesday, March 31st, 2021, you will receive a refund of your course fee minus the registration deposit of $500.00 CAD + Tax. This deposit can be put towards a future program.
- If you have already received the materials for this course prior to cancelling, you will be responsible for this cost ($250.00 CAD + Tax)
- No refunds will be issued on or after Thursday, April 1st, 2021. A colleague may attend in your place.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who should take this program?
This online program is designed for individuals who have completed basic education in secondary traumatic stress, empathic strain and related concepts and who wish to acquire the tools to bring this training back to their agency or to their community. Past participants of this program have included a wide range of professions including those working in healthcare, education, legal fields, policing, military and many others.
Is this the same course as the Compassion Fatigue Educator Program?
Yes. In accordance with emerging research and best practices, TEND has decided to rebrand some of our course materials. Much of the original program remains the same – however, participants will benefit from learning about key differences in the use of terminology and how it affects our participants, communities and organizations.
How can I obtain the prerequisite training?
For those who have not attended a live or virtual training with TEND, this pre-requisite can be met by completing the online course Compassion Fatigue 101.
What technology do I need to participate?
You will require a reliable internet connection, a microphone and webcam. Participants will also need to be comfortable using the online program Dropbox to access materials for this program.
I’m unable to attend all of the sessions. Can I still take the course?
Yes – all of the sessions will be recorded and can be viewed on your own schedule. Participants will be responsible for reviewing any missed materials.
The program is full! What can I do?
Please note that registration for this course is limited. If you intend to participate in this course, please register ASAP as we cannot guarantee any individual spots in this course.
Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at (613)-547-3247.