ORGANIZATIONAL HEALTH IN TRAUMA-EXPOSED ENVIRONMENTS is an intensive online course designed for managers and supervisors of teams working in high stress, trauma-exposed environments such as healthcare, the criminal justice sector, social and human services, emergency response, armed forces, education, child welfare, community mental health, non-profit organizations and related services.
Trauma-exposed work creates a unique climate with increased risk for serious stress and burnout and can lead to a rise in sick time, low morale, lack of team cohesion and high turnover. These consequences can, in turn, seriously limit a team’s ability to work effectively and efficiently. As leaders, the managers and supervisors of these teams can play an essential role in mitigating the effects of stress and increase the resilience of their staff.
- This program supports managers and supervisors to be effective leaders and to build strong, resilient and productive teams by
- Introducing and applying the Organizational Health Model
- Exploring the vital role of supervisors and managers in Organizational Health
- Discussing the risk and resiliency factors driving your Organizational Health profile
- Understanding the unique properties of trauma-exposed work and the critical need to enhance individual and team resilience
- Applying the Complex Stress Model of Workplace Stress which includes both the system-based stresses and traumatic stresses (direct trauma and vicarious trauma)
- Recognizing the impact of chronic stress on individuals, teams and organizations
- Defining the ecology of your workplace and prioritizing your current needs
- Identifying the three key functions of a supervision and mentoring program Reviewing our unique toolkit for leaders in trauma-exposed work
This lively and engaging online course supports participants as they consider their own experiences and needs using:
- Illustrated instruction through interactive webinar
- Assessment tools and applied planning tools and exercises
- An electronic copy of the Workshop Participant Booklet containing the slides and a comprehensive suite of reusable assessment tools
- An electronic copy of the course workbook: Building Resilient Teams: Facilitating Workplace Wellness & Organizational Health in Trauma-Exposed Environments
HOW DOES THE WEBINAR WORK?
Upon purchase, you will be granted access to your course materials immediately. Participants have one year to access the course materials.
$250 CAN + TAX
GROUPS OF 6+ receive a discount. This course is also available as a blended learning option with rates based on group size.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.