Becoming A Resilient Practitioner – 1 Day Training
Developed by Dr. Patricia Fisher, R,Psych., L.Psych.
“Resilience in High Stress, Trauma Exposed Workplaces” will provide a solid framework to understand the mechanisms of stress and resilience within trauma-exposed environments, and will introduce practical, best-practice approaches to increasing resilience and enhancing individual wellness and organizational health. This 1 day workshop will provide the stage for a longer-term strategic response to workplace wellness and organizational health.
This program supports participants by:
- Exploring the unique properties of trauma-exposed work and the critical need to enhanceresilience.
- Applying the Complex Stress Model of Workplace Stress which incorporates both the system-based stresses and traumatic stresses (direct trauma and vicarious trauma).
- Recognizing and normalizing the wide range of physical, mental, behavioral and relationshipresponses to chronic stress.
- Understanding the cause and effect relationships between the relative risk for systemic andtraumatic stress, self-care strategies and stress-related outcomes.
- Identifying the personal changes participants have experienced during their time in the field(areas of growth and areas of concern).
- Applying the workshop learning to each participant’s personal experience and future planning.
- Considering the workshop information as it applies to participant’s workplaces, organizationsand occupational sectors.
Taught by: Co-founder Dr. Patricia Fisher, Co-founder Francoise Mathieu, TEND Associates Cambria Rose Walsh (US and Canada) and Diana Tikasz (Canada only)