Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Compassion Fatigue?
- What is Organizational Health?
- What is Vicarious Trauma and Secondary Traumatic Stress?
- Low Impact Debriefing
- Am I experiencing Vicarious Trauma?
- What can I do to reduce Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma and Secondary Trauma?
On Compassion Fatigue
- Beyond Kale and Pedicures Article
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction: An Important Tool in Mitigating Compassion Fatigue in Helpers
- Running on Empty: Compassion Fatigue in Health Professionals
- Report From the Secondary Traumatic Stress San Diego Think Tank
- Transforming Compassion Fatigue into Compassion Satisfaction: Top 12 Self-Care Tips for Helpers
- Low Impact Debriefing: Preventing Retraumatization
On Organizational Health
- Making the Business Case for Organizational Health
- The 12-Factor Organizational Health Model
- Hot Walk and Talk Protocol
- “This Stuff Works!” – A chat with Diana Tikasz, TEND associate
- One in Ten, S1, Ep8 – “The Edge of Compassion” with Françoise Mathieu (August 23rd, 2019)
- “Addressing Compassion Fatigue – An Ethical Mandate” – recording from the American Bar Association
- “My Kid Got Into College! Now What?” – A chat with Dr. Mike Condra, TEND associate
- “Workplace Stress and Overeating” – A chat with Dr. Deb Thompson
- The Edge of Compassion – Françoise Mathieu giving a TEDTalk for TEDxQueensU
- What is Mental Health? – with Dr. Mike Condra
- Mental Health and the Classroom – with Dr. Mike Condra
- Excerpts from “The San Diego International Conference on Child and Family Maltreatment, 2015”
- First Responder Mental Health: Compassion Fatigue Education for Paramedics
TEND In The News
- “Training prevailed during dramatic attack in downtown Kingston“, By Steph Crosier, The Whig Standard (September 18, 2019)
- “Witnesses say they are still struggling nearly 1 year since the deadly Toronto van attack”, By Liam Casey, The Canadian Press (April 22, 2019)
- “Things you didn’t learn in Law School: Dealing with Vicarious Trauma and Other Issues”, by The Canadian Bar Association (March 5, 2019)
- Radio Interviews
- PROQOL Self-Test
- Family Caregiver Newsletter, September 2016
- Charles Figley Institute
- Workplace Stress Counselling, Robin Cameron
- Caregiver Wellness
- Mental Health Guide for College Students – Tulane University School of Social Work
- Webinar FAQ